Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Weekend Apart but Together



Last week/weekend Rosie went on a trip with her grandma. They left Wednesday after school and spent Wed and Thursday in Jacksonville with her Aunt Celie, who just moved into her new house. She had a blast with her "best friend Sammy" who is Celie's dog. She also had a great time exploring Celie's backyard, which the previous owners made into a jungle-Rosie called it her secret garden. They left Friday morning and went to Clemson, SC for the FSU vs Clemson game. She made it through the first quarter, which was impressive because it was a late game and got pretty cold for a Florida girl.


While Rosie was on vacation I took the boys to Lowry Park Zoo on a beautiful Thursday morning. They had a great time!

John Paul fed the giraffe. It is amazing how close they let us get.

I couldn't get a good picture of the rhinoceros but I got a couple of cute ones of the boys climbing the fence to get a better look.

The highlight, of course, was playing in the water area. Adam loved stepping on the fountains, making them squirt in his face. I was getting some great pictures of John Paul playing in the water and the last one I took he was able to redirect the water perfectly to shoot right at me-way to go John Paul. He laughed his head off!

John Paul asked every day when Rosie would return. I think his words were, "I miss my best sister." We were happy to have her home Sunday night and to be together again.